Just did it yesterday, you do not have to disconnect any hose or anything (If you are careful).
1. Remove th seat
2.Remove both cowlings.
3.disconnect all 3 bolts from the fuel tank
4 lift the tank in an upright position(back of the tank should rest just above the rear shock absorber and prop it with soethiong so it stays upright).
5. Disconnect the 2 nuts holding the fuel pump
6. Leave all hoses connected
7. Take the disconnected fuel pump and you should be able to lean it over the left side of the byke (you may have to take some hoses/cables off from their supports)
8. Disconnect the 2 bolts holdinf the battery box
9. disconnect the ground(cable linked to chassis) and positive leads
10. Now with a little care you should be able to take the battery box out through the place where the fuel pump was
Best of luck, cause it is a pain...really