this is a shot in the dark being a motorcycle forum. But does anyone know how to clear a 2007 Audi A3 service indicator. The numptys on the Audi forums on the net have nee idea. tried all their suggestions!! Just so you know - im not registered on their forums. Im not into talking about euro boxes!!!
Reset a Service Indicator
Posts 9 | Views 96
My MINI has service indicators
and you can re-set them yourself. Using the service menu to view the message you then use the odometer reset button and the dash brightness button to do the business. German cars, pah. " />
reseting service interval
This is the method for my passat, which might work for your car.
1.ignition swithed off.
2. press and hold the trip reset button
3. Turn the digital clock reset knob clockwise, the trip display should now read 'service - - - -'
4. Depress the clock reset knob as required to alternate between individual services ( do not zero the display)
It's a different method to reset the longlife service, which is as follows.
1.switch off ignition
2. press and hold trip reset button.
3. switch on ignition, and release the trip reset button ( the relevant service should now appear on the display)
4. Turn the digital clock reset button clockwise, the display should now return to normal
5. switch off ignition to complete the reset, again do not zero the display otherwise incorrect reading will be shown
Hope this helps, if not i've just wasted 5mins of my time. It can be tricky to get it right, mine took 2 -3 attempts before the thing reset.
Pop round to your local Audi garage, or phone them,
they will normaly do it for free if not busy! or will tell you how to do it.
Thanks for thr replies
MINI's are german!!
Thanks CBRRRRYAN......ill persisit with your instructions. It hasnt worked yet, but im fairly sure it will work. must be a knack to it!!! bloody cars!!!
i cant get it sorted, my dad works next to a little garage were the fella, will do it for nowt hopefully. I exspect the Audi people will try and take my eyes out. Why it wasnt done when it had it service done - im not sure!!
Why don't you take it back to where you had it serviced and ask them to complete the job!?
I'm glad I don't have a car with all this junk attached. But if I did I'd buy a cheap code reader which should be able to reset service lights as well.
Downshift's right!, you should take it back as it will now be out of sink with service's.
Don't know where you live, but Audi / VW dealers normaly don't take the piss.
The reset procedure is usaly diferent on each model of car, even between Mark's, so don't think the passat procedure will work on the Audi! but I could be wrong.
If you get no joy, Give an Audi Dealer a ring, (its only a phone call !)
Hope you get it sorted, bloody reminder drives U nuts!
audi service reset
if car is on longlife it can only be set back to longlife .using diag tool. if reset on dash buttons it reverts to standard service