loss of power
Cheers guys. BTW I've been a car tech for 30 odd years but I've no bike experience this deep into a problem. Right, here goes.
1. checked oil/coolant levels.On car engines if oil is low it goes into 'limp mode'.
2 Removed all fairngs and fuel tank. Disconnected every connector I could see including TPS, primary pump, O2 sensor, injectors, spark plugs and ecu. All clean and dry. Cleaned with contact cleaner and reconnected. Not able to check the operation of the tps as I don't have the ohm values or wiring diagram
3. Checked the vacuum pipes to the throttle bodies and found Scottoiler feed adrift so refitted. Thought I'd found it then. Bugger. Checked airbox rubber seals between upper and lower halves and between airbox and throttle bodies. Air filter ok. Whilst the airbox was off and the air sensor was diconnected I turned on the ignition and code 22 came on indicating that the lcd dash was reporting faults.
4. Refilled tank with Shell Vpower fuel. I fill up once a week from the same fuel station. Idle speed is 1200rpm, where its always been before the problem arose.
5. Although only 2k old, changed the spark plugs for the old ones (10k old) for elimination purposes.
6. Done 12k in 18 mths without a problem. Bike gets washed every weekend after work/rideout and put in the garage. I've left it in there for a month last year because of snow/ice but it ran without problems straight from the off. Not convinced washing has any bearing on this fault.
6. The Akro system (minus cat and ex-up) has been on since new and has not previously caused any problems. No there isn't a power commander fitted.
I think that about covers it. Can't think of anything I've missed but my head is up my a*** with this at the moment so I hope not.
Many thanks again,