This is an appeal to motorcycle manufacturers to consider the good old shaft drive when designing your next middle-weight commuter/light tourer/all rounder. I'm getting fed up with adjusting and lubing chains and there are still plenty of high-mileage riders like myself who like the middle-weight as an all round, all-year bike because it can be economical, easy to maneuver, easy to pick up when you drop it in the ice/snow.
So here's what I want:
- 600-750cc parallel twin/inline 4/v-twin whatever works
- 65+mpg average
- Shaft drive!
- 10k minimum services
- Reasonable seat height for short-arses like me
- Under £7k or £7.5k with a touring/hard luggage option
- Enough oomph to be fun without being too thirsty
- Comfy seat for hours of riding pleasure
- Large enough fuel tank for a 250 mile + range
- A faired/unfaired option would be nice
Think Kawasaki GT550/750 but lighter, faster, better looking and updated with all mod-cons.
That is all, thank you please.